Basis Of Order And Acknowledgement
- The Contract is subject to these terms and conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions (including any terms and conditions you purport to apply in any Contract). Minimum order quantities and/or values may apply at our discretion.
- A Contract shall not be effective until we have issued written acknowledgement and acceptance of such Contract (notwithstanding any earlier confirmation of receipt). We may in our sole discretion decline any purchase order placed by you. No change or modification of the Contract shall be allowed after acceptance by us unless accepted in writing by us. If there is any conflict between the prices indicated online and our acknowledgement of the Contract then the latter shall take precedence.
Products Descriptions And Prices
- We do our best to ensure that the information about Products is accurate and up-to-date. However we do not guarantee that there will be no errors in the description and/or pricing of the Products, or that Products will always be available if you wish to place an Order to purchase them. Also, the colours you see on your screen may depend on your computer system and settings, so we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colours. We reserve the right to modify the information about Products displayed on our Site, including as regards prices, description and availability. However, such changes will not affect Orders for which you have already received an Order Receipt email.
- All prices are in GBP and are inclusive of VAT.
- If you do not already have an Account you will need to create one before placing an Order, unless you utilise the “Guest Checkout” feature of the Website.
- You may not set up an Account for someone else.
- Please ensure that you enter all information carefully when creating an Account. You warrant to Jack & Co that all information provided by you in relation to your Account is complete, true and accurate.
- You must notify Jack & Co immediately if you become aware of any actual or potential unauthorised use of your Password or Account.
- Except to the extent otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the UK Consumer Protection Regime), Jack & Co will not be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of: (i) your Account information being incomplete or inaccurate; or (ii) any unauthorised use of your Password or Account which takes place before you notify Jack & Co, whether in contract, negligence or any other tort, equity, restitution, strict liability, under statute or otherwise at all.
- If Jack & Co suffers any loss, damage, cost or expense as a result of any unauthorised use of your Password or Account which takes place before you notify Jack & Co then you must pay Jack & Co the amount of that loss, damage, cost or expense if Jack & Co asks you to.
- To complete a purchase, you first have to place an Order for Products. Then, this Order has to be accepted by us. To place an Order you will have to select the Products on the Site, select your preferred shipping method and, if you like, other optional services, and finally click on the “CONFIRM” button. We will not accept Orders placed in any way other than as detailed above.
- When you place the Order through the Site you will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your Order. The Order Receipt email contains full details of your Order (such as Order No., information on Products, prices, your shipping address, delivery costs and other). Please note the Order Receipt email is NOT already an acceptance of your Order.
- When your Order is accepted by us, we send you an email confirming that all, or part, of the Products have been shipped ("Shipping Confirmation email"). Once you receive the Shipping Confirmation email, your Order has been finally accepted by us and the purchase contract between you and us is concluded in relation to the Products actually shipped. Such a contract is composed by: your Order; our Order Receipt and Shipping Confirmation emails; the then current Terms and Conditions shall apply.
When Orders are not accepted
- While we do our best to always accept Orders, we could however refuse an Order in certain cases, for example if: you provide us with incomplete, incorrect or fraudulent information regarding your identity, age, payment details, billing information, shipping address; we discover that there was an error on our Site relating to the Products you ordered, for example as regards the price or description displayed;the Products you ordered are unfortunately out of stock or no longer available; We have reasonable grounds to believe that you intend to resell the Products. If we cannot accept your Order we will contact you by email as soon as possible but in any case no later than 30 days from the date of your Order.
- If we cannot accept your Order because the Products are no longer available, or because of an error in the price and/or other information on our Site, we will refund you any money you may have already been charged for such Products.
Cancellation of Orders
- You have a statutory right to cancel (Cooling off). Your cancellation period ends 14 days after the day on which the items are delivered to you (or someone you nominate to receive the items for you). If your order consists of multiple items or parts which are delivered on different days, then the cancellation period (in respect of your whole order) ends on the day 14 days after the day on which the last of the items or parts are delivered to you (or a person you have nominated to receive the order).
- You can cancel by sending an email to us or a letter to our premisses mentioned above.
- To rely on your right to cancel, you need to give Jack & Co a clear statement that you would like to cancel which includes your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and some contact information such as a telephone number or email address.
- You must return your items by post to us no later than 14 days after the day on which you informed Jack & Co that you would like to cancel your order. Any returns are at your own risk. For your protection, Jack & Co recommends that you return your items via registered post.
- You must pay for any return delivery costs, except where the wrong item has been sent to you or the item is defective.
- The items need to be in the original packaging, unopened with seals intact.
- Return postage is at your own cost and risk.
- Jack & Co reserves the right to cancel, at any time before delivery and for whatever reason, an Order that it has previously accepted. Jack & Co may do this for example, but without limitation, where:
(a) Jack & Co’s suppliers are unable to supply Products that they have previously promised to supply;
(b) an event beyond Jack & Co’s control, such as storm, fire, flood or failure of computer systems, means that Jack & Co is unable to supply the Products within a reasonable time;
(c) Products ordered were subject to an error on the Website, for example, in relation to a description, price or image, which was not discovered prior to the Order being accepted;
(d) you ask Jack & Co to cancel your Order; or
- You may cancel your Order where Jack & Co:
(a) has breached a material term of this Agreement;
(b) is not able to deliver your Order within a reasonable time of the estimated delivery time, other than a result of any delay: (i) for which you are wholly or partly responsible such as a failure to provide the correct delivery address or to pay for the Products; or (ii) which was outside Jack & Co’s control .
- Where Jack & Co cancels your Order after acceptance it will send you an e-mail notifying you of cancellation.
- In the event of Jack & Co or you cancelling your Order after payment has been processed, Jack & Co will refund any money paid in respect of that Order.
- Except to the extent otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the UK Consumer Protection Regime) or as expressly set out in these terms and conditions, Jack & Co will not be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of cancellation of your Order, whether in contract, negligence or any other tort, equity, restitution, strict liability, under statute or otherwise at all.
- Availability of Products
Website, either temporarily or permanently, at any time without notice to you. Except to the extent otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the UK Consumer Protection Regime), Jack & Co will not be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of the unavailability of any Products at any time, whether in contract, negligence or any other tort, equity, restitution, strict liability, under statute or otherwise at all.
- Products will generally only be delivered to addresses within the UK. Jack & Co may, in its absolute discretion, agree to accept Orders for products for delivery outside the UK but is under no obligation to do so.
- Following dispatch of your Products, Jack & Co will email you with confirmation of dispatch and an invoice for your Order.
- On delivery you may be required to sign a proof of delivery document. If you are not available to take delivery, we will, at our discretion, either:
(a) return your Products to us;
(b) re-deliver your Products to your delivery address at a later date.
- You will receive a text message and/or a calling card at your delivery address containing details or contact details for you to arrange for re-delivery of your Products.
- If you require Products that you have ordered to be re-directed to an address which is not the original Order address, and such Products have already been dispatched, Jack & Co will use reasonable endeavours to re-direct the Products to your requested address and may charge you a reasonable fee for doing this.
- We aim to dispatch all orders within a time frame of 1-2 working days.
- You can expect your parcel within 5 business days.When we ship the order you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number.
- We offer free delivery within the UK on all orders over £50. The following delivery fees apply to orders below £50: i) Below 1kg, the delivery fee is £3.95, ii) Between 1kg and 9.99kg, the delivery fee is £5, iii) Over 10kg, the delivery fee is £12;
- If your order does not arrive within 8 business days, please contact us so that we can follow it up with the courier.
- Please note the following: i) deliveries to off-shore islands, Northern Island or the Scottish Highlands may require ferries and can be influenced by bad weather, therefore please allow one additional day for delivery; ii) if you purchase a pre-sale item and an in-stock item in the same order, both items will be sent out at the same time once all stock is available at our warehouse for dispatch.
- Passing Of Risk And Title
The risk in the Product shall pass to you on delivery as set forth herein. The full legal, beneficial and equitable title to the Product shall remain vested in us (even though they have been delivered and risk has passed to you) until we give written notice to you to pass legal and beneficial ownership of the Product to you or, if earlier: (a) payment in full, in cash or cleared funds, for all the Product has been received by us; and (b) all other money payable by you to us on any other account or under the Contract or any other contract or order has been received by us. Our rights and remedies set forth herein are in addition to and shall not in any way prejudice, limit or restrict any of our other rights or remedies under the Contract or in law or equity. We shall be entitled to maintain an action against you for the price of the Product notwithstanding that legal, equitable and beneficial title to and property in the Product has not passed to you.
Delay in availability or delivery of Goods
- You agree and acknowledge that:
(a) Jack & Co does not guarantee the dispatch or delivery or availability of Goods within the timeframes set out, estimated delivery times listed for the Delivery Options or the Selected Delivery Option for your Order or any other timeframes otherwise specified by Jack & Co or any of its staff;
(b) stock availability and events outside Jack & Co’s control may cause delays, or in some circumstances, prevent your Goods from being delivered;
(c) delays are particularly likely to occur during busy sale periods such as those around Christmas, Easter and public holidays; and
(d) except to the extent expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the UK Consumer Protection Regime), neither Jack & Co nor any of its agents will be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of any delay in delivery of the Goods to you or delay in the availability of Goods, whether in contract, negligence or any other tort, equity, restitution, strict liability, under statute or otherwise at all.
Refunds of your money
- Where Jack & Co is obliged to refund your payment pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, Jack & Co aims to initiate your refund within 2 business days (Monday – Friday 9 a.m to 5 p.m). The additional time that it takes for you to actually receive your refund will depend upon how quickly your financial institution processes the refund. Please note that if Jack & Co is obliged to provide you a partial refund of your payment for specific Goods in your Order, we will only refund the component of the Delivery Charge relating to the Goods which are subject to the refund.
- Except to the extent otherwise required by law (including, without limitation, the UK Consumer Protection Regime), Jack & Co will not be liable to you, or any other person, for any loss, damage, cost or expense suffered as a direct or indirect result of any delay in you receiving any refund due to you, whether in contract, negligence or any other tort, equity, restitution, strict liability, under statute or otherwise at all.
Returns/faulty or damaged goods
- You should check your Goods as soon as they are delivered to you in order to ensure that: (i) they are what you ordered; and (ii) they are not damaged or faulty. If this is not the case you should contact us as soon as possible.
- If you have a problem with any Goods or otherwise wish to return them please contact us. Please note that, in addition to contacting the manufacturer or any Jack & Co store, you can also contact us.
- When returning Goods:
(a) please provide Jack & Co with your proof of purchase;
(b) it is a requirement for the fulfilment of refunds, exchanges and warranties that Customers use their best endeavours to return all out-of-the-box accessories supplied at the time of original purchase.
- Customers are also encouraged to use the original packaging where possible in order to avoid damage in transit.
- You may not be entitled to any refund or exchange just because any packaging is damaged in transit. The packaging exists to protect the Goods themselves.
Damaged or Faulty Items
- In the unlikely event that you have received a damaged item, please fill out a returns request, including as much information as possible about the fault you have discovered so we can thoroughly investigate the issue for you. As part of this process we may ask for a photo of the fault or damage so we can assess the best course of action. We may offer a repair or exchange for your faulty item(s), refunds for faulty items will be given at our discretion.
- Please note that we do not cover damage or faults caused by neglect, misuse, or normal wear and tear. However, if you do damage one of your items, we may be able to suggest a solution, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
You agree to contact Jack & Co prior to raising a request for a chargeback or any dispute with your bank or card issuer in relation to any Transaction. If you make a card payment through Jack & Co, and later dispute a legitimate charge by raising a chargeback without merit or legitimate reason (as determined at our sole discretion), whether fraudulently or otherwise, then we reserve the right to blacklist you by providing compelling evidence to refute your invalid chargeback request and or pursue legal action as the case may be.
- We warrant that the Product furnished hereunder shall, at the time of delivery, be free from defects in material and workmanship. You shall submit to us reasonable written details establishing a breach of the warranty set forth above. Unless agreed otherwise by us in writing, our liability for failure of any Product to comply with the foregoing shall be limited to replacing or repairing that Product found. We shall pay all reasonable return packaging and transportation costs of a valid claim. If requested by us, you shall promptly deliver back to us any Product which have been replaced.
- We shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty in any of the following circumstances: (i) the Product has been modified, altered, used in its intended purpose or misuse or neglect; (ii) the Product has not been used in accordance with our instructions; (iii) normal wear and tear, wilful or accidental damage; (iv) Product with a stated shelf life or “use by” date, if such shelf life has expired or “use by” date has passed; (vii) the price for the Product, or any other Products or services supplied by us or our affiliates, has not been received in full.
- Minor deviations from specifications which do not affect performance of the Product shall not be deemed to constitute defects in materials or workmanship or a failure to comply with the specifications referred to.
Exclusion And Limitation Of Liability
- These terms and conditions set out our entire liability (including any liability for the acts or omissions of our sub-contractors) in respect of the Product supplied by us and any representation, statement or tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the Contract. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any liability that cannot legally be excluded or limited.
- In no event shall we be liable for: (i) any loss of anticipated profits; (ii) any loss of actual profits, (direct or indirect); (iii) any loss of anticipated savings; (iv) any loss of business or revenue; (v) any economic loss of whatever nature; (vi) any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, or punitive or exemplary damages, howsoever caused; (vii) any loss arising as a result of any third party bringing a claim of any nature whatsoever; and/or (viii) any loss resulting from use, application of or results obtained from any software incorporated into the product.
- We shall not be liable for any such loss whether or not any such loss or damage was foreseen, direct, foreseeable, known or otherwise.our total aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the contract whether for negligence or breach of contract or for any cause whatsoever shall in no event exceed the price paid by you for the product giving rise to your claim.
- To the extent permitted by law, the period in which any claim arising out of or related to the contract must be brought is limited to one year from the date that such claim or cause of action is discovered or should have been discovered with the exercise of due diligence, and no claim may be brought after the expiry of this agreed limitation period.
- The Products are not designed, manufactured or supplied for clinical use and are not approved for clinical or medical applications. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, judgements, orders, awards, costs and/or expenses, on account of bodily injury including death and/or property damage sustained by you, or third parties which arise out of or in connection with the medical or clinical use of the Product.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant legal provisions. However, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
Accuracy of Billing and Account Information
- We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgement, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
- You agree that, if you have provided Jack & Co with personal data relating to a third party (i) you have in place all necessary appropriate consents and notices to enable lawful transfer such personal data to Jack & Co and (ii) that you have brought to the attention of any such third party the Privacy Notice available on the Jack & Co’s website or otherwise provided a copy of it to the third party. You agree to indemnify Jack & Co in relation to all and any liabilities, penalties, fines, awards or costs arising from your non-compliance with these requirements.
Jack & Co makes no warranty or representation that the Products will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Products .
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices / communications shall be given to us by email. Such notice will be deemed received the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and Jack & Co shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Jack & Co and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- When Orders are not accepted